This section of the website is our Curating Resources Project. Our goal is to have lots of different life-long faith formation resources listed here. To organize them we have divided them up by the 5 Baptismal Promises from the Affirmation of Baptism Service in the ELW. The Baptismal Promises are a way to describe what a disciple's life looks like.
What are the 5 Baptismal Promises?
- To Live among God's faithful people.
- To Hear the word of God and Share in the Lord's Supper.
- To Proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed.
- To Serve all people, following the example of Jesus.
- To Strive for justice and peace in all the earth.
From the baptismal promises we move to faith practices. On this website there is one page full of faith practices and resources for each promise. Here is a sampling of the kinds of resources in each promise.
- To Live: fellowship, ministry, mission, programs & models
- To Hear & Share: worship, preaching, sacraments
- To Proclaim: Sunday School, confirmation, adult education, Bible study
- To Serve: service learning, service projects
- To Strive: hunger & justice
One each page the resources are also labeled by 6 categories:
C - Children's Ministry, Y - Youth Ministry, YA - Young Adult Ministry, A - Adult Ministry, F - Family Ministry, I - Intergenerational Ministry
We are not selling any of these resources, but there are links for some of the resources to where you can purchase them if you like. If you purchase it from Amazon.com we encourage you to do so through Amazon Smile and support the Eastern North Dakota Synod.
We also have a Pinterest site with more Life-long Faith Formation ideas. You can find the direct link at the bottom of each page of this website.
Curating Life-long Faith Formation Resources
One of our projects is to curate life-long faith formation resources of all kinds for ministries and people in our synod. Using the internet and social media is a new ministry tool. A new way of recasting the net. Online resource centers are a new 21st century way of curating resources and we need your help in sharing resources with one another. But, you may wonder what does "curating resources" mean. On his Life-long Faith website, John Roberto has a good explanation.
The Faith Practices resource page of the ELCA also has a selection of resources to download or purchase.